- Can I remove mould myself or should I call a professional?
- Can I clean up fire and smoke damage in my home myself?
- Do I need general contractors?
Mould can be a serious issue. A small patch of mould on a wall often can be removed without professional help, but if mould issues persist after you’ve cleaned and performed prevention tactics, it’s time to call in the experts. For larger mould issues and toxic black mould removal, leave it to the professionals at ServiceMaster Restore for safe and effective mould removal and clean up. Our technicians are professionally trained in comprehensive mould remediation and employ the safest, most effective techniques for solving any mould issue. Our teams regularly handle small (ten square feet or less) areas affected by mould as well as larger spaces, both commercial and residential.
After fire and smoke damage in your home, we do not recommend you attempt any “do-it-yourself” cleaning methods without first consulting your ServiceMaster Restore qualified Restoration Technician. Pre-testing, using the right cleaning agent for particular items, mixing deodourizing agents with cleaning solutions and using correct dilution ratios are just some of the ways an expert fire restoration technician attains professional and controlled results. Professional cleaning systems and products used by experienced, trained technicians give you the best chance for successful restoration of your property and belongings.
There are some aspects of the fire and smoke restoration process that may require the services of general contractors such as drywall/painting; electrical; plumbing; roofing; framing/finish carpentry; flooring/carpet; installation of doors, windows, cabinets, post-construction cleanup, etc. ServiceMaster Restore offers full restoration services.